Nishitha Degree College Central Library:
Nishitha Degree College, Nizamabad Central Library was established in 1995. Central Library is the soul of the institution and it has an extensive collection of the books, scientific and technical journals and electronic reference materials for satisfying the academic and research needs of students and faculty community. The Library is the hub of academic student life on campus. Nishitha Degree College houses a spacious library, stacked with approximately 20,000 books, 1500 titles and thousands of CDs, National & International journals and reports that cover all subjects pertinent to the courses. The NDC Library consists of a Central Library & Separate Departmental Libraries to help students and faculties alike have to easy access to courses and reference materials though a membership card. It opens from 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. from Monday to Saturday.
Besides a huge collection of books on Computer Science, Management and Humanities, the Library has a total seating capacity of 600 with an Integrated Information System in place. All its activities include in acquisition, cataloguing, circulation and stock have been computerized.
The Central Library spreads over to ground plus first floor with an area of 2,000 Sq.Ft. It is well-protected with fire alarm and CCTV Surveillance. It has specialized collections of Books, Journals & other resources is Computer Sciences and Management ranging from printed books, e-books, back volumes and CDs/DVDs.
The Central Library subscribes to National and International Journals in print and electronic form. The Library has a video conferencing facility and NPTEL video courses.
Special Features of Central Library:
The special features of the Library is the recent collection of study materials including e-resources. The Library provides CAS, SDI, resource sharing, list of latest arrivals, On-line e-resources, OPAC Services, Central Library is automated with KOHA Library Management Software.
Rules and Regulations
- Entry to the Library is on production of valid identity Card/Library Card.
- Visitors with valid passes are allowed only on weekdays from 10.30 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
- Library membership card borrowed from the Library are non-transferable and borrowers are responsible for what they borrow.
- The documents from Reference Section are only meant for on Reference Section consultation and normally are not issued.
- The Library materials includes books, Magazines, Journals and audio-video equipment which should be handled with utmost care.
- The Library reserves the right to search any personal item and does not accept liability for loss or damage to them.
- All personal belongings must be kept on the provided property counter.
- Students/Readers shall not write on or damage books and journals. Before leaving the counter, borrowers must ensure that the book is in good condition and if not immediately bring the matter to the notice of the concerned staff.
- General etiquettes are expected from every member of the Library; such as singing, Loud Speaking, Shouting, spitting, sleeping, smoking etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Every member must enter his/her name, class, time of entry in the Gate entry register before entering the Library.
- The documents, which are lost by the borrower, need to be reported and replaced with latest edition of the same books with double cost of books.
e-library equipped with 25PCs, offer access to online, e-journals, e-books, e-database, e-lecture videos and open sources software with useful links. User can access the contents abstracts or full text in a flexible and easy manner to use for their study. Click Here to go e-Library
LECTURES AND VIDEOS (NPTEL VIDEOS)
- DELNET :The Library arranges books on loan from other libraries on specific demand. Library also provides the full text resources with the help of DELNET. CVRU Central Library is an institutional member of DELNET (Developing Library Network).
- National Digital Library : Central Library provides the NDL facilities for members to access e-books and e-journals.
- E-pathshala & E-pgpathshala : e-pgpathshala and e-pathshala is an initiative by Ministry of Human Resource Development to promote ICT based education. CVRU Central Library provide the access for e-pgpathshala and e-pathshala for members to use the resources. It is a free portal of Government of India.
- SWAYAM : SWAYAM is a joint initiative by Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) to promote ICT based education. CVRU Central Library use to register the member of the Library on various undergraduate and post graduate online courses and allow them to go through the various video lectures of their concern courses.
Nishitha Central Library will be an excellent modern knowledge resource center to disseminate information for teaching, learning and research of the University’s diverse community by providing modern library and information services. Maintain effective National and International resource sharing network relations towards disseminating our value added information services to all the college community within the library budget limits.
LIBRARY AT A GLANCE:
- Year of Establishment : 1995
- Total Carpet Area : 105 Sqm
- Total Seating Capacity : 100
- Working Hours of Library : 9.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M.
- Library Members : 600
- Total No. of Books : 19394
- Total No. of Titles : 2012
- Total No. of E-Books : 7850 Books
- Total No. of Journals : 50
- Library Networking Facility : LAN, Wifi, Area Network
- Reprographic Facility : Xerox Rs 1/- per Page. Over dues Charges : Rs 1/- per day per book.
- Library offers the following Services
- Documentation Services
- Reading Room Facilities
- Reference Services
- Reprographic Services
- Xeroxing Facility
- Circulation Services
- Access of on-line Resources
- Periodical Service
- Internet access Information Search
- Library Orientation
- Newspaper Clipping
- Resource Sharing
- National Digital Library Click to login
- DELNET Developing Library NetworkClick to Access Delnet
- Thesis project reports Section
- Circulation Section
- Circulation of Books