MASTERS IN COMPUTER APPLICATIONS (MCA)
ABOUT MCA: The M.C.A program is a blend of computer-related and general business courses. The computer related courses cover all the standard techniques of programming, usage of various software packages, system analysis and design techniques. The general business courses include the functional areas of management like accounting, sales, purchase, inventory, and production. The course emphasizes on the study and creation of business applications, rather than just programming and learning other concepts. Inclusion of projects in each semester improves student’s technical orientation, understanding of IT environment and domain knowledge. It builds right platform for students to become successful Software professionals. This emphasizes on domain knowledge of various areas, which would help the students to build software applications on it. The students are exposed to system development in the information-processing environment, with special emphasis on Management Information Systems and Software Engineering for small and medium computer systems. Inclusion of Business Management Labs helps students to acquire thorough knowledge of management practices in organization. Subjects such as ERP, Information Security and Business Intelligence work as new application domains. Major focus is also given on Mobile technologies so that student can choose Mobile Technologies as their career options. Advanced Internet and Web technology includes variety of new technologies. Soft skills techniques are covered in every semester, which leads to overall personality development of the student and that helps them in their placement activities and to sustain in the organization successfully.
Nishitha Degree College was established MCA Course in the Year 1995 with intake of 60 Affiliated to Osmania University. Later in the year 2011 onwards college is affiliated to Telangana University as per Govt. of Telangana. In the Year 2021 college increases the intake from 60 to 120.
The M.C.A. program will be a full-time two years Master's Degree Course of Computer Applications.
The selection would be done as per the guidelines by the Admission Regulating Authority State Government of Telangana time to time.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION:
The medium of instruction is only in English. The course material is also in English.
Passed BCA/ Bachelor Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent Degree.
Passed B.Sc./ B.Com./ B.A. with Mathematics at 10+2 Level or at Graduation Level (with additional bridge Courses as per the norms of the concerned University).
Obtained at least 50% marks (45% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying examination.
MCA PROGRAMME OUTCOMES
- Apply knowledge of Computing fundamentals, Computing specialization, Mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
- Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex Computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of Mathematics, Computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
- Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
- Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing tools to complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practice.
- Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a Computing professional.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of computing and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society at large, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and understand clear instructions.
- Understand and assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practice.
- Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.